Over 2,600 Happy South African Businesses
General/Basic policies and procedures of Employment South Africa
Our Clients & Partners
Trusted By 2,600+ Businesses
Legal Templates For All Industries
Backed By Legal Research
General/Basic policies and procedures of Employment South Africa
R 1 001,00
Download customisable basic policies and procedures for your business in South Africa.
- Ensures workplace consistency
- Defines job expectations clearly
- Improves communication and transparency
- Promotes employee accountability
- Helps manage employee performance
GENERAL/BASIC POLICIES AND PROCEDURES OF EMPLOYMENT SOUTH AFRICA
Summary General Policies and Procedures of Employment can be used to establish the basic employment policies applied in a company. The implementation of employment policies and procedures enables a company to specify what is required of its staff, and what the staff can expect of the company.
Additional standard Policies and Procedures and other employment guidelines can be added to supplement these general policies.
We also have individual policies and procedures available, which contain more detail than these General Policies and Procedures. In addition, we also have a more detailed and comprehensive Employment Policies and Procedures manual, which is a composite of all our policy and procedure documents.
What do the template Policies and Procedures say? This template Policy generally sets out the employer’s policies on the following issues:
- Place of work
- Working hours
- Meal intervals
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Maternity leave
- Compassionate leave
- Payment of remuneration
- Incentives and commission
- Expense Claims
- Medical aid and pension
- Performance review
- Occupational safety
- Workmen’s compensation
- Clean desk
- Notice of termination
- IRP 5
What does this template look like? This template of general policies and procedures of employment can be printed onto fifteen pages.
What do you need to do to implement Employment Policies?
- Read this standard employment policy and adapt it for your requirements, where applicable.
- Distribute your general policies and procedures to staff, and ensure that the latest copy of it is available to employees at all times.
Browse the Employment Policies & Procedures category on our website for more sample employment policy & procedure templates.
Also viewed: Employee Secrecy Agreement
Also known as: Policies and Procedures of Employment; Employee Reference Guide
Why are General Employment Policies and Procedures Important for your Business?
- Basic company policies and procedures of employment are crucial for the successful operation of a company and its employees . They provide internal guidelines, rules and standards that govern employee behavior and conduct, establish workplace policies, establish clear expectations to current staff and job applicants alike, outline what is deemed as inappropriate behavior within the employee code of conduct set out in company policies, it can enhance the employer’s standing as an equal opportunity employer and promote fair treatment of all employees and overall workplace health and can serve as the employee handbook These policies cover a wide range of areas related to employee conduct as set out in company policies, physical and intellectual property, workplace safety of all employees, anti-discrimination and anti-harassment, diversity policies, and company property and business interests as well as sexual harassment policies, general conduct policy, dress code an attendance policies, safety policy, Substance abuse policies and rules, and general workplace policy whilst on the business premises and is applicable to all employees.
- Basic company policies and procedures can help a business/ companies or employer promote the organization’s vision overall and to ensure that they keep all employees safe through the implementation of company policies that regulate employee conduct under an employee conduct policy amongst other rules set in place to be followed by all employees.
- Developing company policies such as our Employee conduct policies and procedures establish acceptable behavior for all employees, provides a developed list of company policies and set disciplinary action for inappropriate behavior by employees, including proper dress code, substance abuse policies, work schedules, equal opportunity policies, general conduct policy and remote work for those employees who work from home as well as attendance policies and other general company rules to be followed by employees. It can also help avoid workplace violence and ensures that unacceptable behavior set in stone for all employees as the procedures establish clear disciplinary action.
- These company policies protect employees and employers and ensure a safe workplace whilst employees work, which is essential for small businesses and companies with a physical presence. It can also provide a safeguard should legal issues arise between an employer and employee as each policy applies to every employee.
- In addition to promoting equal opportunity policies, fairness and safety policies, developing policies such as our written company policies and procedures help companies comply with federal laws, such as affirmative action policies and non-discrimination regulations. They also promote the company’s values and company policy explain the vision and protect the organization’s intellectual property as well as other company property.
- Written company policies are usually included in an employee handbook, which is provided to employees during onboarding to the company and updated regularly. They help the workplace run smoothly and ensures that there are no unwritten rules. Proper training sessions for employees and employee feedback ensure that employees understand the company policies and procedures and comply with them. It is thus important for a company to have written policies in place, such as an attendance policy.
- Company policies also come in handy when you are a company that employs freelance staff, for example; a freelance writer as it sets out the rules these employees are governed by and sets out company policies important to these kind of employees.
- Overall, basic company policies and procedures of employment play a significant role in developing a healthy and productive workplace. They provide a framework for day-to-day operations, management support, and workplace issues, and help to promote diversity and equal opportunity for all employees.
People who bought this Template also bought the following:
- Employee reference check
- Job Application form
- Recruitment agreement pack
- Disciplinary enquiry report
- Notice of disciplinary enquiry
- Labour forms pack
- Performance management Pack
- Retrenchment documents pack
- Performance Appraisal rating form and guidelines
- Leave policy and procedures pack
- Mediation agreement
- Restraint of trade
The Online Agreements Shop cc and its members, staff, legal advisers, partners and consultants, agents and any person associated therewith cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that is incurred or may be incurred by any person as a direct or indirect result of the use of this website or any document or information contained on or obtained from this website, nor as a result of anything that is contained in or left out of any document.