Summary This Indemnity Form addresses the situation where a person takes part in a particular activity, for example, team-building events, horse riding, or extreme sports. The indemnity strives to protect the service provider should something unexpected happen, such as property going missing, or someone being injured whilst taking part in the activity.
Who should use an Indemnity Form? Anyone that offers activities that may involve an element of risk, such as team-building events, horse riding, extreme sports, game drives, should obtain an indemnity from all persons taking part in the activity. An indemnity or disclaimer helps to protect against the possibility of claims in the event of loss or damage to property, or the unexpected worst-case scenario of injury or death to a person whilst taking part in the activity.
What does the Indemnity Form say? The Form includes:
- the activities undertaken
- an indemnity by the person taking part, indemnifying the service provider should something happen
- a consent to the person receiving emergency medical care
- emergency medical details
What does the document look like? The sample disclaimer can be printed onto one page.
What do you need to do to use the Indemnity Form?
- Read the disclaimer document to ensure that it suits your requirements. Make changes as required.
- Complete the nature of the activity being offered, for example horse-riding, scuba diving, transportation, etc.
- Get the person taking part to complete the details and sign the form.
- Remember to take all precautions. An indemnity form for general activities may not protect you in every eventuality, and negligent actions may still expose you to legal action.
Also viewed: Indemnity Form for Care of Children
The Online Agreements Shop cc and its members, staff, legal advisers, partners and consultants, agents and any person associated therewith cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that is incurred or may be incurred by any person as a direct or indirect result of the use of this website or any document or information contained on or obtained from this website, nor as a result of anything that is contained in or left out of any document.