For the appointment of individuals or businesses
Summary This Sub-Contractor Agreement can be used to appoint a sub-contractor to deliver services to a customer on the main supplier’s or Prime Contractor’s behalf. The contract sets out the rights and obligations, and establishes the terms and conditions of the sub-contractor’s delivery of services .
Who should use a Sub-Contractor Agreement? You should use a written Sub-Contractor’s Agreement if you appoint sub-contractors to deliver services to your customers on your behalf. The contract gives effect to the contractor appointment, and sets out the terms of relationship with a Sub-Contractor, including the terms of payment and the services required.
What does the agreement include? The sub contractor agreement includes clauses relating to: interpretation; appointment; sub-contractor duties and acknowledgements; prime contractor’s responsibilities; fees; indemnities; restraints; confidentiality; termination; force majeure; arbitration; breach; general clauses.
What does this contract look like? These terms and conditions can be printed onto fifteen pages.
How do you use this contract?
- Read the sample sub-contractor agreement to ensure that it meets your needs. The template agreement is editable, allowing you to make changes to it.
- Complete the relevant details of the sub-contractor appointment, add any services and fees annexures, get your sub contractor to sign, and you sign in acknowledgement.
What is the difference between the various Contractor Agreement templates? You may have noticed that we have a few different versions of Contractor Agreements. What are the differences between them? Here is a brief description of the agreement templates we have available:
- Basic Contractor Agreement: this contract addresses basic, general terms & conditions for appointing a contractor. Use this contract template for smaller projects, or with smaller companies, or where the parties don’t want or need a long and more comprehensive contract. This agreement makes provision for sub-contracted work as well.
- Comprehensive Contractor Agreement: this contract template addresses terms & conditions for appointing a contractor, but is more detailed and comprehensive than the Basic Contractor Agreement. It provides wider coverage, making it longer and more involved. Recommended for use in larger projects, larger companies, or where the parties need or want a more comprehensive document.
- Sub-Contractor Agreement (this agreement): this contract is used where a company has received an order, but needs help to deliver the products and services to its customer. The company can appoint a sub-contractor to help it meet the obligations in the client’s order. This is a detailed sub contractor document. For a simple sub-contractor agreement the Basic Contractor Agreement can be used.
The Online Agreements Shop cc and its members, staff, legal advisers, partners and consultants, agents and any person associated therewith cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that is incurred or may be incurred by any person as a direct or indirect result of the use of this website or any document or information contained on or obtained from this website, nor as a result of anything that is contained in or left out of any document.