COMPREHENSIVE CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT
For the appointment of individuals or businesses
Summary A Contractor’s Agreement can be used to appoint an individual or business to deliver services. The written Agreement sets out the contractor’s rights and obligations, and establishes the terms and conditions.
Who should use a Contractor Agreement? If you appoint a contractor to deliver services, you should have terms & conditions to give effect to the appointment. Written terms are important and help to clarify the terms of the relationship with an independent contractor, including the terms of payment and the services required.
This is a more comprehensive agreement that covers detailed requirements for appointing someone to deliver services, including restraints, termination, confidentiality, dealing with customers, arbitration.
If you need a simpler, shorter and more general agreement, then have a look at our Basic Contractor Agreement.
What does the agreement include? The terms and conditions consist of clauses that provide for: interpretation; appointment; contractor duties and acknowledgements; principal’s responsibilities; fees; indemnities; restraints; confidentiality; termination; arbitration; force majeure; breach; general.
How long is this agreement? This sample agreement can be printed onto twelve pages.
What do you need to do to use the Contractor Agreement?
- Read the sample appointment terms to ensure that they meet your requirements. The template agreement is editable, allowing you to make changes as required.
- Complete the relevant details of the contractor appointment, add any services and fees annexures, get your contractor to sign, and you sign in acknowledgement.
What is the difference between the template Contractor Agreements? You may have noticed that we have a few different versions of Contractor Agreement examples. So what is the difference between them? Here is a brief description of the agreements we have available:
- Basic Contractor Agreement: this agreement covers the basic, general terms & conditions for appointing a contractor to perform services. It’s recommended for use in smaller projects, or by smaller companies, or where the contracting parties don’t need a long or overly-complicated agreement. This contract makes provision for sub-contracted services as well.
- Comprehensive Contractor Agreement (this agreement): this agreement covers the terms & conditions for appointing a contractor, but is more detailed and comprehensive than the simpler Basic Contractor Agreement. It provides more coverage, which also makes it longer and more complex. It’s generally recommended for larger projects, larger companies, or where the parties need a contractor’s appointment that has more coverage.
- Sub-Contractor Agreement: this contract can be used when a company has received an order from a client, but needs help to deliver the products and services. The company can appoint a sub-contractor to help it in fulfilling its obligations to the client. This contract is a detailed document. For a simpler agreement the Basic Contractor’s Agreement can be used.
The Online Agreements Shop cc and its members, staff, legal advisers, partners and consultants, agents and any person associated therewith cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that is incurred or may be incurred by any person as a direct or indirect result of the use of this website or any document or information contained on or obtained from this website, nor as a result of anything that is contained in or left out of any document.