Over 2,600 Happy South African Businesses
Confidentiality Agreement template – One Way Protection
Our Clients & Partners
Trusted By 2,600+ Businesses
Legal Templates For All Industries
Backed By Legal Research
Confidentiality Agreement template – One Way Protection
A legally binding agreement for one party to protect confidential information.
- Protects sensitive information unilaterally.
- Limits disclosure without reciprocity.
- Preserves competitive advantage securely.
CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT – One-way Protection
Summary A Confidentiality Agreement, otherwise known as a Non-Disclosure Agreement or NDA, can assist to protect the confidentiality of information disclosed by one person to another.
Who should use a Confidentiality Agreement? If you need to disclose confidential information to customers, business colleagues or any other person, and you want to protect the information and prevent people from distributing the information or using it for themselves, then a non-disclosure agreement can be used.
See also our Reciprocal Confidentiality Agreement.
What does a contract of confidentiality say?
- Generally defines what “Confidential Information” is protected;
- Prohibits the receiving person from disclosing the information to others, or using it for their own benefit;
- Includes a non-circumvention clause.
What does the agreement look like? The template agreement can be printed onto three pages.
What do you need to do to use the Non-Disclosure Agreement?
- Read the template NDA to ensure that it suits your requirements. Make changes as required.
- Complete all details relating to the Discloser and the Receiver.
- Get the NDA signed by both parties.
Also viewed: Employee Secrecy Undertaking
An in-depth look at our Referral fee agreement:
A one-way commission agreement, also known as a referral fee agreement template or referral agreement template, is a legally binding contract that outlines the terms and conditions for paying referral fees to a referral partner or intermediary.
Our referral fee agreement template comes in a Microsoft Word Format and is a downloadable template.
Here’s an overview of its use, benefits, specific clauses, and more:
- Use: This referral fee agreement (also known as a referral agreement) is commonly used in business partnerships or affiliate programs where one party (the company) incentivizes another party (the referral partner) to refer potential clients or customers. It formalizes the referral process and ensures fair compensation for successful referrals from its effective date of the referral agreement.
- Benefits: Implementing a one-way referral fee agreement offers several benefits. It helps the company expand its customer base by leveraging the network of referral partners. The referral partners, in turn, receive financial incentives for their efforts. This agreement also establishes clear expectations, protects a company’s confidential information and provides remedies should such confidential information be leaked by the other party to this joint venture, and mitigates disputes through defined clauses within the entire agreement from its effective date.
- Clauses: A comprehensive referral fee agreement typically includes clauses such as:
- Referral Fee: Specifies the amount or percentage of the referral fee to be paid for each successful referral. The parties acknowledge that this flat fee is only payable upon a successful referral of potential clients under the referral agreement.
- Termination: Outlines the conditions under which the agreement can be terminated by either party, such as breach of contract or mutual agreement.
- Confidentiality: Protects the company’s proprietary information shared with the referral partner and prohibits its unauthorized disclosure or use.
- Governing Law: Identifies the jurisdiction and laws that govern the interpretation and enforcement of the agreement. This clause generally also covers that the parties acknowledge that in the case of legal action, the losing party will cover reasonable legal fees of the victorious party.
- Payment Terms: Defines the timing, method, and frequency of referral fee payments.
- Intellectual Property: Addresses the ownership and protection of intellectual property rights associated with the referral partner’s activities.
- Indemnification: Specifies that one party will compensate the other for any losses, damages, or liabilities arising from the agreement or referral activities.
- Notice: Requires written notice to be given by either party for various purposes, such as termination or changes to the agreement.
- Entire Agreement: States that the one-way commission agreement represents the entire understanding between the parties, superseding any prior agreements or negotiations.
- Referral Fees: The compensation paid to the individuel for successfully referring potential clients or customers to the company’s products or services.
- Referral Partnership Agreement: Another term for referral fee agreement that establishes the partnership or relationship between the company and the referral partner, hereinafter referred to as the independent contractor to this agreement.
- Effective Date: Specifies the date from which the referral fee agreement template becomes enforceable and operational.
- Parties Involved: Refers to the company and the independent contractor who are bound by the terms of the referral fee agreement template. This agreement is very useful for a real estate agent for example who makes use of referral marketing.
- Written Agreement: Emphasizes the importance of having a written and signed document such as these referral agreements to ensure clarity and enforceability of the agreement. It also refers to any and all written notice to be given in line with this referral agreement.
- Legal Fees: The referral agreement addresses the allocation of legal expenses in case of disputes or legal actions related to the referral agreements.
- Referral Marketing: The practice of utilizing referrals to generate leads, customers, or sales for a business as it related to the referral agreement sample.
- Early Termination: The referral agreement covers the circumstances and consequences of terminating the agreement before its intended duration. (early termination.)
- Applicable Laws: the referral agreement refers to the laws and regulations that govern the agreement and subject matter hereof, ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
- Proprietary Information: The referral agreement sample covers Confidential or sensitive information belonging to the company that is shared with the referral partner for the purpose of the agreement. This holds the parties accountable to keep trade secrets between the parties hereto.
- Joint Venture: Describes a collaborative business arrangement the company wishes to establish between two or more parties for a specific project or objective of the referral agreement.
- Payment Structure: The agreed-upon method or formula used to calculate and determine the referral fee amount (known as a commission fee) under the referral agreement.
- Prevailing Party: In the event of a legal dispute or litigation, the party that is determined to be the winner or successful party under this referral agreement.
- Commission Fees: The fees paid to the referral partner as compensation for their referral activities under referral fee agreements.
- The agreement must be in writing, signed by all parties.
The Online Agreements Shop cc and its members, staff, legal advisers, partners and consultants, agents and any person associated therewith cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that is incurred or may be incurred by any person as a direct or indirect result of the use of this website or any document or information contained on or obtained from this website, nor as a result of anything that is contained in or left out of any document.